WHAT DOES A PSYCHOLOGIST DO?
A Clinical Psychologist has specialist and in-depth knowledge of both physical and mental health and the impact on wellbeing.
At Elementa Psychology our Clinical Psychologists:
· Spend time getting to know you to understand your uniqueness as a person.
· Help you to identify the problem areas in your life and understand the impact these have on your functioning and relationships.
· Diagnose mental health disorders, if relevant, and explain this to you.
· Work with you to develop a treatment plan with clear goals.
· Provide treatment that is supported in its effectivemess by current scientific research (evidence-based practice).
· Liaise with other supports in your life - such as your GP or other health practitioners and, if you wish, your family.
· Review your progress.